Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Peter Shankman's HARO

Nabbed this one from a LinkedIn writing group. What the heck as a "HARO", you ask? HARO stands for "Help a Report Out" and is a networking site to help journalists find sources on a wide variety of topics. If you're an expert source you can also sign up to receive queries from journalists about your area of expertise.

First off: What a splendid idea!

Second, while I like the idea of using this to find expert sources for articles, the little relays in my brain -- always struggling to learn more about the power of marketing -- are going off, telling me that there may be some advantages to being on the other side of the coin, too. Not necessarily for me, but for my clients. I'm going to refer one of my clients to this group as a source and see if he likes the potential for extra exposure.

No comments: