Monday, January 12, 2009

It's baack... again

Did you miss me?

While I'm not much for New Years resolutions, I'm making one here. It's time to get this blog rolling again. If I don't get my focus back, you see, I'm going to have to fire myself and turn myself out into the world to get a "real job". This is the first step in rediscovering my focus. Here, focus focus focus... come here, focus... I know you're out there.

Granted, there've been some extenuating circumstances. Aside from the usual holiday hustle and bustle, I had a heckuva car wreck on Christmas day and was incredibly fortunate to walk away in one piece. Talk about a Christmas gift... and I'm not being facetious. Being able to get out of the car by myself and doing a visual inventory of limbs and extremities -- all there. Merry Christmas! Checking for signs that I'd hit my head: Nope. Merry Christmas! Total strangers (Thank you, Heidi and Eric!) stopping to make sure I was okay, directing traffic and taking care of me until the police came... Merry Christmas! Side air bag deploying in spite of the safety recall I received a couple of days after the accident, stating that it might not: Merry Christmas. And the list goes on.

So in spite of the sometimes excruciating neck pain I'm going through as I get treated for whiplash, in spite of being so behind on e-mails and correspondence that it feels like I'm perched on a shaky kitchen stool, beating them off as they swarm around my ankles, I'm so very happy and thankful to be alive and in one piece. I should be able to take this gratitude and turn it into something fabulous, right? Right?

Stay tuned... I'm about to find out. Starting with this blog.

No comments: