Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Romance Writer's Community

There's a specialty group out there for almost every kind of writing. Today the Romance Writer's Community is in the spotlight.

This Yahoo! group bills itself as "a friendly, helpful group for romance writers at any point in their careers; from those who are just starting out, to those who have sold manuscripts." I'm not a romance writer myself, but I joined the group anyway and scan through the messages when I have time, for one simple reason.

Good writing is good writing, and I can learn just as much from a romance writer as from a food writer or a construction writer, even though I don't actively participate in any of those genres, so long as my mind is open to picking up tips and tricks that might apply to what I do. So if you're a romance writer - and even if you're not - this list may be worth a look.

No comments: